|We are going to have to do something about the lemon tree!|
Kerryn's Fabric World sent me some swatches back in 2012 and they had this Polyester Spandex that has a leather look to it that just had to be added to my stash.
|It has a knit backing but has no stretch to it at all.|
As the Pleather is essentially a woven fabric, I used Vogue 8572 my TNT woven blouse for the front, but wanted to add princess seams to it as well.
This was the 2nd item that I packed to work on during the Sewing Weekend in Brisbane and after I finished my cardigan I then started work on this top.
First up I traced off the front of V8572 and then proceeded to add armhole princes seams + 6mm seam allowance (so I wouldn't get confused between the two patterns).
|Original front pattern|
|Armhole Princess Seams added|
There was quite a bit of excess fabric above the apex curve and as I could see this myself I didn't take any measurements to put back on the pattern so I am not sure how much we ended taking out or how much we smoothed out the curve :(
The back was a different matter,
So I took out a 1,5cm dart at the neckline down 8cm and then took a 2mm seam all the way down the centre back so from the right side it looks like I have a centre back seam
The rest of the top went together very well, I added a knit neckband to the neckline and then used my Coverstitch to finish of the neck edge.
As well as all the hems
Of course I have finished this right as the weather is starting to warm up but the top had its first outing to the ASG Industry Day at Simplicity Patterns yesterday which is in a big tin shed and this top kept me very comfortable.
2016 Stash Out: 13.7 m
2016 Stash In: 18 m